Tell me what you think

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 1:04 PM
I have noticed people downloading the source code. This is good, I want people to try it out, however, I would also like to hear from you. Please feel free to post comments, suggestions, etc....
Jun 15, 2009 at 7:15 AM

I'll admit, I may not be the best to critique your work since I do web developement instead of applications.  From what I've seen, though, I like it.  I expecially like to use the different random level generators.  Very awesome.  Why the enums with CharacterRace and CharacterClass though?  I may be looking at it wrong (since I rarely have to use enums while working with GIS), but it seems a little restrictive.  Wouldn't a CharacterRace and CharacterClass a class in themselves give a bit more freedom?  Giving the user control of base attributes and skills of each race and class?  From what I understand about the Characters section in the library is that it's basically for a easily implemented rpg system, so that one doesn't have to be designed.  I may be being an idiot, though, since I havn't really slept very well. 

Eh, I'm feeling stupid tonight.  I hope I don't sound like a supernoob or somesuch.

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Sorry for the lateness of this response, I hadn't been checking the activity on the site for a while. First, thank you for the compliment, my intentions for this engine is to maximize expandability. As far as the enums are concerned, they are currently nothing more then a "concept placeholder". The final implementation of the character classes and races will be scriptable. I have it this way more out of it being a left over from an earlier incarnation, and just stayed there for the time being while I develop other areas..

Thanks again for your feedback, and I will try to keep a better eye on the discussions here.

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:31 AM

I just downloaded and tried it out, and I must say I'm liking it. I'll be keeping two eyes on this for when the World Terrain generation starts growing in, and might use that for my project. Cheers!

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Edited Aug 8, 2009 at 2:16 AM

I appreciate your comments. I had put this project on hold for a bit while I work on others, however, with you copmment I believe I will resume it. I would like to let you know though, it will be some time before I begin a new generation algorithm.